Thursday 19 May 2005

Womens 10k / Intercooler on order

Womens 10k run

First off big congratulations to all the women who completed the Glasgow 10k on Sunday. It was a great day for it , even if a bit warm....
A big WELL DONE to my sister Claire and my mum who ran/walked the race and raised money for Ward 24 in memory of my wife Nicola who died of Cervical Cancer just over 8 weeks ago.
Running with them were also Paula and Lesley (Claires friends) and other friends of my mums.
A team effort that saw them all complete the race successfully , hurray.
It was a great job done by all and I thank you very much.


Also I would like to thank women from my work who also ran for various good causes but also have decided to donate some of the money raised to cancer research on nicola's behalf. Joanne, Gillian , Erika and Alison. Thankyou I'm touched.

I'm sure Nicola would be proud that so many people continue to fundraise in her name.


Intercooler on order
While the ladies get healthy , I choose to continue to use motorised forms of transport! Given the hot weather is here (almost!) , I figured the biggest handicap to consistent performance of the MINI was a std intercooler.
It works fine with std boost levels , but add a s/c reduction pulley (which on the GTT conversion is 17%) and boost increase means the charge temps increase significantly which in term drop power (esp on hot days).
Believe me , this is VERY noticable the performance dropoff on warm days.
So I have now ordered a replacement I/C from GRS Motorsport which should arrive in 3-4 weeks time.

CBR600RR first service@600miles
Bike is now at 581 miles and is booked in this Sat for its first service.
Also plan to have crash bungs fitted (after my recent car park debacle!!!!)
Bike gets a full check over and oil change.
Also fancy some carbon fibre covers that cover the scratches Ive put on the clutch casing.

Later
J

No comments: