Friday 29 June 2018

enabling horn confirmation on lock : Golf GTI Edition 35 2012 Mk6 : VCDS VAG-COM

horn confirmation was something I had enabled by a forum member way back in 2007 (!)
So something I wanted to have back in the Edition 35.

This time I bought a genuine cable so I can play with VCDS for this car.

The change was made via

Select
>09 Cent Elec 
> Coding 
> Long Coding

Arrow keys until it selects the right Byte, then toggle on 
Locking Confirmation via horn active.

heres how it should look (not my actual car, just an example, ignore all other toggles/settings, leave them as they are)




Do It!

thats it, now enjoying knowing your car is locked without turning around

Notes 

  • Module 46 although visible is not available (its been merged into 9)
  • This change was not possible through Adaptation, I had to do it through Long Coding path

Some guides

https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-golf-vi.php

No comments: