Wednesday 2 October 2024

Tenda MW5G network does not show in Tenda mobile application (Fix is to logout and re-login with Google)

 

In mid 2020 I bought via amazon

Tenda Nova MW5G Mesh WiFi System - Whole Home WiFi Mesh System - 3500sq² WiFi Coverage - Dual-Band AC1200 - Gigabit Ports - Easy Setup - Replaces WiFi Router and Extender - Works with Alexa - 3-Pack





https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07YZCZSPW/


I renamed the devices to match my router config (username/pass) then switched off the wifi aspect of my router (easiest way and means all devices in the house dont need to be changed)

Been working great for 4 years.
But recently the mobile app has been updated and since then Ive not been able to review the network or make any changes (should I need to)

The unit is now considered EOL by Tenda
https://www.tendacn.com/product/overview/MW5G.html

but Im not changing it unless I need to  (maybe to upgrade to a proper MESH network)

I eventually found a post that solved the issue !


Wanted to suggest another tip here as I was also tearing my hair out with Tenda app. It would let me log in but not see any of my Tenda devices - failed on scanning. On a whim I logged out then logged in again using the “log in using Google“ option, it immediately found all my devices & worked as it should. Weirdly the userid/pwd seems to be the same however you choose to log in but the Tenda anpp only works if you take the Google route to log in. Hope this helps someone !

I guess the downside is that this shares some of your profile data with Tenda

Otherwise I can now see my network configuration and amend if needed.





No comments: