Saturday 11 August 2018

Golf GTI Edition 35 keyring

Apparently supplied to all new owners, given my my car had 2 previous owners it got lost along the way.

Its an Edition 35 specific part, so couldnt resist making sure I had one.

So I had set up an ebay alert to notify me when one became available.

VW Part No is 5KO 087 013A 041
I've no idea if its even still available and how much it costs from VW parts if you find out let me know)

I bought mine 2nd hand off ebay.

Its nice but the locking tab mechanism is weak and easily pulled apart, so if I was to actually use it I was going to add the ring (supplied) and superglue the chrome handle to the main body to avoid it being seperated. Then you only need to add/remove via the ring.

Here it is on top of the box lid (both sides), and a picture of the rear (to show Part No)

Interesting how VW themselves seemed happy with the GTI and 35 different fonts side by side.

1 comment:

Kristian said...

Hi mate, not sure if you still have your ED 35, but I am dying for one of these Keyrings...

Cheers,

Kristian